FANDOM


Minutes
  • —: JosephHawk
  • 3:21: Muchacha
  • 3:21: AMK152
  • 3:21: Muchacha
  • 3:22: JosephHawk
  • 3:22: Muchacha
3:23
JosephHawk
Sure
3:23
AMK152
I will if he continues to argue
3:24
Muchacha
Back
3:24
JosephHawk
Alright, sounds good
What about this whole Fred situation?
3:25
Muchacha
There was a mini edit war last night on the Fred and Harold pages.
3:25
AMK152
"Fredrick" is unsourced/false information
3:25
JosephHawk
^ I know… but 120d insists on adding it
3:25
Muchacha
Is anyone else coming?
I hope no one thinks it's still 4.
3:26
AMK152
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:109830#36
"Second, you are the second person I have seen in the past two days that have used a colon, instead of a comma. You should use a comma. A colon is for two things: listing things and lines in a script or transcript. (see what I did with the colon?)"
3:26
JosephHawk
Geez… a little much
Its just a minor mistake
3:27
Muchacha
Yeah.
So is anyone else still coming?
3:27
JosephHawk
I hope JCM comes
We separate from the Fanon Wiki today
3:28
AMK152
he will improve over a few days, and I would be neutral about his return to the administration... then he will explode and it's back to oppose
yeah
3:28
Muchacha
What if they think it's still at 4 PM?
3:28
AMK152
I told JCM that EVERY SBFW has to accept us, or else we are out
we could wait 10 minutes
i notified JCM and 456
3:28
JosephHawk
Sure
3:29
Muchacha
Well, we can check on them in a few months and reintroduce ourselves, apologize, and see if they changed.
I also think we should take SBFW's stories so we wont have to start over.
3:29
AMK152
why would we apologize?
3:30
JosephHawk
We haven't done anything but helped
3:30
Muchacha
We can apologize for upsetting them.
3:30
AMK152
they were upset for nothing
3:30
Muchacha
We can follow their rules.
3:30
AMK152
they break their own rules
3:30
JosephHawk
Muchacha, we were only trying to help
3:31
AMK152
and their discussion systems/policies are confusing
3:31
JosephHawk
Apologizing doesn't make sense...
3:31
Muchacha
Well, lets ask Sannse to close their wiki and redirect it to ours.
3:31
AMK152
and SpongeBob is a children's show... and they swear like sailors over there... it's not very good
3:31
JosephHawk
She will not do that Muchacha
3:31
AMK152
first and foremost, it is...
3:31
Muchacha
I hate when they say SpongeBob is a children's show.
3:31
AMK152
primarily, it is
3:31
Muchacha
It's an everyone show.
3:31
AMK152
yeah
but younger audiences are the target and primary viewers
if they want to make their own fan fiction, the SBFW is full of negativity and cursing
3:32
JosephHawk
I think FSB will be very successful
3:32
AMK152
there has even been talk of rather inappropriate stuff
yeah
3:32
Muchacha
But the youngins under 13 are underage.
3:32
AMK152
so
3:33
Muchacha
So does it matter?
3:33
AMK152
that doesn't stop them
it's not like we do an age check for everyone who comes here
under 13, they just need to keep their informate private
*information
3:33
Muchacha
Well, let's not.
3:33
AMK152
yeah
3:34
Muchacha
Can we ask JCM if we can use SBFW's stories on our site so it can grow faster?
3:34
AMK152
so anyone is welcome, if they get caught by Wikia staff, it's their fault... but the point is that all are welcome and it should be a friendly place
3:34
JosephHawk
No, they will jut get upset
3:34
AMK152
we cannot do that
if FSB kills SBFW, then that is a different story...
3:35
Muchacha
Well, I had some ideas for some of their work and I applied to be a writer there. They're not as upset as me as they are at you.
3:35
AMK152
if someone from SBFW wants to migrate their stories, they can
Muchacha: at FSB you have complete freedom... start your own series/spin-off with your ideas
3:36
JosephHawk
Should we get started now? We can put off the Fanon discussion until later to see if JCM comes
3:36
AMK152
we will see how it goes and if something is an issue, we will add policies
3:36
Muchacha
Well, let's make our wiki bigger and better, the people might flock over due to the better environment.
Friendlier people.
3:36
AMK152
yeah, let's start
if someone else joins us, we can catch them up
1. Fanon wiki discussion / status of Fanon wiki ---- we will hold off on this one
2. Current proposals
3:37
Muchacha
Where is everyone?
3:37
JosephHawk
Away
3:37
AMK152
idk
Changing info box template colors - this one looks like it's not going to pass... thoughts?
perhaps some color scheme in the middle?
3:37
Muchacha
I think we should wait for at least one more.
What if they didnt see the email?
3:38
JosephHawk
Muchacha, we need to start though
3:38
Muchacha
Yeah, something in the middle.
3:38
AMK152
we can fill them in if they come in later
3:38
Muchacha
That is exactly what I was thinking.
3:38
JosephHawk
I like the current colors…
3:38
AMK152
perhaps it's better to wait for more people to discuss the colors and to see if the discussion takes a turn
bit it doesn't look like it will pass
3:38
JosephHawk
Sure, maybe extend it?
3:39
AMK152
I don't know?
3:39
Muchacha
If it doesn't we can try a scheme inbetween the old and the new.
3:39
AMK152
it has enough to be an unsuccessful proposal
3:40
Muchacha
Like something "spongy", but not an eyesore to the community.
Slightly darker.
3:40
AMK152
i wasn't thinking darker
3:40
Muchacha
Well, people are complaining about the brightness.
3:40
AMK152
yeah
so I was thinking about something in between
3:40
Muchacha
Yes.
3:41
AMK152
ok then,
Image naming scheme
should wait for AW10 on this one... I am more confused with it now
3:41
JosephHawk
It looks good, but I think we should talk a little about it with Antonio
3:41
Muchacha
I'm concerned on our wiki's situation. We've been having some fights lately, and I don't want us to turn into SBFW.
3:41
AMK152
yeah
Hardink has been blocked until June 28th
if he continues to harass, I will removed his wall rights
3:42
Muchacha
Well, when I expanded the Squid on Strike Gallery, I did Sos1 and so on.
I still have 60 images left to upload.
3:42
AMK152
If he returns and harasses again, he will be blocked until the end of the summer
yeah the image name scheme can be discussed later
next item is a big one:
3. Character info box / further changes (alias field, etc.)
I still don't like the current one or the result of the proposal
look at this: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User:AMK152/Character_infobox2/example
3:43
JosephHawk
Yes, you said you might end it?
3:43
AMK152
it's my modifed design
3:43
Muchacha
I still think the designs look good.
3:43
AMK152
I will probably cancel it
yeah designs will stay
perhaps they need some clean up
but they are not biggest issue
all that empty space is
3:44
Muchacha
Empty space.
3:44
AMK152
in the one I just linked, some of the fields I have take up two columns instead of one
3:44
Muchacha
Well, we need to make sections for the infobox.
3:45
AMK152
empty space: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/File:Char-infobox-aliases.png
on the left side
3:45
JosephHawk
Yea
That is useless
3:45
AMK152
it also makes the infobox longer
Much: look at this: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User:AMK152/Character_infobox2/example and look at the family members and primary relationships sections... how do they look?
they take up less space and are in a neat, bulleted list
3:46
JosephHawk
Just dandy
3:46
Muchacha
They're fine.
3:46
AMK152
also, SpongeBob has MANY friends, and listing them all would not be good
3:47
Muchacha
He's friends with anybody.
3:47
AMK152
SpongeBob considers everyone his friends...
so there is no need to list minor friendships
3:47
Muchacha
Just the real friendy friends?
3:47
AMK152
just the major ones
like who he interacts with regularily
3:47
Muchacha
Like Pat and Gary.
3:48
AMK152
Krabs, Plankton, Puff, Squid, Sandy
3:48
JosephHawk
Mr. Krabs, Sandy etc...
3:48
Muchacha
Mermaid Man.
3:48
AMK152
but not Fred, Tom, Nancy, John, Shubie...
3:48
JosephHawk
And BarnacleBoy
3:48
AMK152
yeah
3:48
Muchacha
What about the Krusty Krab customers.
Nah.
3:49
AMK152
too many to list
3:49
Muchacha
We're already almost a quarter through the meeting.
3:49
AMK152
lol
3:49
Muchacha
I'm going to ESB to see whats going on.
3:49
AMK152
but what about aliases?
Muchacha has left the chat. 
3:50
JosephHawk
Hmm
Nah
3:50
AMK152
I opened up this section: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User:AMK152/Character_infobox2/example still doesn't look right
Hall Moniter is actually a title...
and random insults are not aliases...
3:50
JosephHawk
I don't think we need to give aliases in the infobox
We can add that to the page
3:50
AMK152
yeah
interests and awards I also got rid of
3:51
JosephHawk
Good, because SpongeBob has wayyyy to many awards  :P
3:51
AMK152
and interests...
Muchacha has joined the chat. 
3:51
AMK152
awards does not make sense, interests might be okay
3:51
JosephHawk
Why did you invite 120d, Muchacha?
3:52
AMK152
of course this would be listing them
3:52
Muchacha
Well, he's the only other person active.
It's weird.
3:52
JosephHawk
Yes, but he also get into huge arguments
3:52
AMK152
yeah
well, I have an idea
3:52
Muchacha
Well, he could give his opinion which is good.
If he does argue throw him overboard.
3:52
AMK152
I can cancel the current proposal, and then make a new discussion listing each field, and ask everyone to say "keep" or "remove"
3:53
Muchacha
Ok
3:53
JosephHawk
Sure
3:53
AMK152
and get an idea of how best to build the template
that way we can have better ideas
we can also discuss criteria...
for each field
ok, next one...
3:54
Muchacha
What about the infoboxes for episodes? What if an episode came out on DVD or online earlier than it did on TV?
3:54
AMK152
"airdate" does not mean DVD release date
3:54
Muchacha
Like Club SpongeBob.
AW10 has joined the chat. 
3:54
Muchacha
Yay!
3:54
AMK152
it's based on the day it aired
3:54
JosephHawk
Hey Antonio!
3:54
AMK152
hello!
3:54
AW10
O/
3:54
Muchacha
We're already started.
3:54
JosephHawk
Can we go back to the image discussion now?
3:54
AMK152
we started early, but I will fill you in...
1. We are going to wait for JCM to discuss the fanon wiki situation
2. Infobox template colors - possible alternative is a scheme in between
this proposal doesn't look like it is going to pass
some of the ideas included extending the discussion or pick alternative colors
or just leaving it as it is
thoughts?
3:56
AW10
Let's keep the old scheme and cancell the proposal for now
3:56
Muchacha
Or just make it yellower, but not bright.
3:57
AMK152
yellow is bright
3:57
Muchacha
Well, mute it just a tiny bit.
3:57
AMK152
i guess we can just let the proposal go all the way and if it doesn't pass, it doesn't pass
3:57
Muchacha
Sure.
Brb
Wait for me
3:57
JosephHawk
Yea… I mean, if the community doesn't want it, lets not force it
3:57
AMK152
yeah
2. Image name scheme
3:58
JosephHawk
Oh good
3:58
AMK152
I don't know what I think on this one, hence I haven't given my thoughts on it
Spongebob456 has joined the chat. 
3:58
AMK152
hello
3:58
Muchacha
Hey.
3:58
Spongebob456
o/
3:59
Muchacha
We started at 3:30.
3:59
AMK152
yeah
but we didn't get very far
1. We are going to wait for JCM to discuss fanon
3:59
Spongebob456
With the image name scheme, I have added my thoughts. How do we classify images - by character or by episode?
3:59
JosephHawk
Hey Bob
3:59
AW10
what about my comments
3:59
Spongebob456
Hey.
3:59
Muchacha
Episode for episode.
Character for character.
3:59
AMK152
2a. Changing the color scheme on template will probably not pass, but we will just let it be.
3:59
Muchacha
Like I was expanding the Squid on Strike gallery.
3:59
Spongebob456
What if we have an image of Spongebob from Help Wanted? Is that named: SpongeBob1 or HelpedWanted1?
4:00
AMK152
and then we are on 2b. Image naming scheme
I would say keep it based on episode
4:00
Spongebob456
Okay.
4:00
Muchacha
Yeah, like Sos1 for Squid on Strike.
4:00
AMK152
since we do separate the galleries by episode
4:01
AW10
AMK152, I suggest you review my scheme first
4:01
Muchacha
Lets see it.
4:01
AMK152
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:Discussions/Image_naming_scheme
4:03
Muchacha
I thought you made an inbetween color scheme.
Guess not.
4:03
AMK152
i would the stock footage should be included by episode
4:03
Spongebob456
Yep.
This is going to take ages to replace all the image names lol
4:03
Muchacha
Stock footage? Could the still be classified as hooky1 or the like?
Because Hooky has fishing footage.
4:04
AMK152
i say it should be based on episode
4:04
Muchacha
I dont think the old image names have to be replaced
Just use it as a guideline for the new ones.
4:04
AW10
<episodename> stock image (<indexnumber>)
4:04
AMK152
they can be gradually renamed
4:04
Spongebob456
I have a question: Say you have 50 images numbered 1-50. What would happen if you wanted to add another image to that? Surely all the images would have to have their numbers changed - a big task.
4:05
Muchacha
Just take the pics in order. Right?
4:05
AMK152
yeah
4:05
Spongebob456
Okay.
4:05
AW10
yes, but bot can be used for that
4:05
Spongebob456
What do we mean by "stock" image?
Okay.
4:05
Muchacha
Like the fishing footage in Hooky.
4:05
AW10
so, <episodename> stock image (<indexnumber>) ?
4:05
Muchacha
Is it neccesary?
4:06
AMK152
do stock images need to be separate?
4:06
Spongebob456
I see.
4:06
Muchacha
Neccessary*
4:06
Spongebob456
Yes... I'd like to mention spelling at some point...
4:07
AW10
the yshould be separate
4:07
Muchacha
Spelling? Like Hardink's lack of?
He got his block extended.
4:07
AMK152
and 8989j89ijiojijhjkhjh989hjhjkjkjk.jpg
4:07
Spongebob456
No, related to something else. Will bring it up later.
4:07
AMK152
ok
4:08
Muchacha
Can we use initals for episode names?
Like Iwatg21.jpg
4:08
Spongebob456
Hmm I suggest full episode name. Makes the file more meaningful when being searched for.
4:08
AMK152
yeah
4:09
Muchacha
But it wouldn't be wrong to use initials. Not blockable.
Right?
4:09
JosephHawk
I think we should user full episode names...
Use*
4:09
Spongebob456
Muchacha: I mean, if it became a guideline, then you would be breaking it yes.
4:09
Muchacha
I'm just saying it would take longer.
4:10
Spongebob456
It does keep the wiki clean though, so to speak
But yeah..,. we need to account for the ease of which images can be uploaded.
4:11
Muchacha
I would have to upload 30 stills a day instead of 50 if we used full episode names.
4:11
Spongebob456
Hmm yeah.
4:11
AMK152
copy and paste
OR
4:11
Spongebob456
I guess it's quality over quantity  ;)
4:11
AMK152
use PROD#
Help Wanted = 1a
and etc.
4:12
Spongebob456
I suggest full names imo
4:12
Muchacha
Like 40a91 for Squid on Strike.
4:12
AMK152
40a-91
4:13
Spongebob456
That sounds quite complicated though. At least with fullnames, new users can understand it.
4:13
Muchacha
How about we find a compromise between all our ideas?
4:13
AW10
yes too much complicated
4:13
AMK152
Help Wanted 01 or Help-Wanted-01 or HelpWanted01 or Help_Wanted_01 ?
4:13
Muchacha
That actually makes the names longer.
4:13
AMK152
maybe just HelpWanted01
4:14
AW10
without 01
we can't know will it 9, 99 or 999
4:14
Muchacha
How about episode names for the shorter episode names, and initials and production codes for the long names such as Super Aquatic Evil Villain Team Up is Go!
4:15
AMK152
we should be consistent
JCM has joined the chat. 
4:15
Muchacha
Yeah, but imagine typing that over and over.
4:15
JosephHawk
Hey JCM
4:15
Muchacha
Hey weve been waiting for you.
JCM has left the chat. 
4:15
AMK152
hello
goodbye
4:15
Spongebob456
Hmm, one thing MLP wiki does is name the image something related to the scene, but then adds the series number and episode number.
4:15
Muchacha
And goodbye.
4:16
Spongebob456
EG: Canterlot outer view S2E9.png
JCM has joined the chat. 
4:16
Muchacha
Too long.
4:16
JCM
Wait, did you already talk about the fanon wiki?
4:16
Muchacha
Yez.
We have been waiting on your opinion.
4:16
JCM
What did you decide about it?
4:16
Muchacha
Yes.
4:16
Spongebob456
Just sounds like such a big job when adding one more image to then rename all the others.
4:16
AMK152
no, we were waiting for you
we are talkling about image names
4:17
Muchacha
*talkling  :D
4:17
AMK152
 :P
4:17
Muchacha
Sounds like duckling.
4:17
JosephHawk
We havent said anything about the fanon wiki. We were waiting for you
4:17
JCM
oh okay
4:17
AMK152
so what are we going with for the image names?
4:18
Spongebob456
For example: Image1 Image2 Image3  You then need to add an image between 2 and 3, so you'd have to rename 3 to 4.
4:18
Muchacha
Anyone think the chickens in MLP are drawn cute?'
Initials.
4:18
JCM
doing the season and episode numbers sounds good
4:18
Muchacha
Yes I guess.
Or just the episode number.
4:18
Spongebob456
Perhaps a more general approach using episode numbers and series numbers may be better.
4:18
Muchacha
What do you mean?
4:19
AMK152
OR
http://www.spongebobia.com/spongebob-captures/
4:19
Spongebob456
So, using S2E9 = Series 2 Episode 9
4:19
AMK152
each of these has hundreds of screenshots
4:19
Muchacha
Yes.
4:19
AMK152
why not number them based on this?
4:19
Muchacha
But the capture idea is long.
E001 would work.
But not the full name after that.
4:20
Spongebob456
Hmm.
4:20
AMK152
but then it would mean foing 001, 008, 010,... etc. skipping images that are similar
*going
018, 023, 027
they are still numbered and in order
4:21
AW10
spongebob captures formatt: 001a - Help Wanted <number>
4:21
AMK152
and if someone wants to add something in between, like 020, they can
4:21
Muchacha
I just go for no more than 150 screenshots a gallery.
4:21
AMK152
here is help wanted
http://www.spongebobia.com/spongebob-captures/content/episodes/001a - Help Wanted.html
4:21
Spongebob456
Do you see what I mean about the possibility of adding images thus complicating things?
4:21
Muchacha
Eliminate the - Help Wanted, and I'm good.
4:22
AMK152
we don't need five alarm clocks... just one
456: I addressed this issue
4:22
Muchacha
Nice pun, AMK.
We just need one alarm clock in real life too.
4:23
AMK152
lol
4:23
AW10
if we want to add image between 1 and 2, we can index it 1a, 1b, 1c and then at the ned of each month use bot to take care of them
4:23
Muchacha
Yeah.
4:23
AMK152
if you scroll down on the captures, you will see 5 screenshots of the alarm clock the hand changing in each one
AW10: even better!
4:23
Muchacha
And half of them are the hand staying still.
4:24
AMK152
AW10: you can get a bot to do that? I don't know how
120d has joined the chat. 
4:24
Muchacha
Hey!
4:24
120d
Hi
4:25
AMK152
ok... so is the image naming proposal going to be modified?
4:25
JosephHawk
Yes
4:25
Muchacha
I dont know.
4:25
AMK152
what did we decide on?
4:25
Muchacha
Modify it to make things convienient for everyone.
Initials.
4:25
120d
I am a bit confused on the image proposal.
4:25
Muchacha
And production codes.
4:25
AMK152
initials or #s?
production codes?
4:25
Muchacha
Initials.
4:26
JosephHawk
Intials
4:26
AW10
you create a table with fin and replace columns and make a bot do that
4:26
Spongebob456
I'm happy with whatever  ;)
4:26
Muchacha
Good.
4:26
AMK152
what about Help Wanted = 001 and Reef Blower - 002, etc.
or just use 1a and 1b?
4:26
Spongebob456
I suggest we create a proposal with the new ideas to see if the community understand.
4:26
Muchacha
What about Hw1 and Rb2
4:27
AMK152
Much: what if there are episodes, present and future, with the same initials?
4:27
Muchacha
Hmm.
4:27
JosephHawk
I prefer 001, 002. etc...
4:27
Muchacha
Well then you can use the full episode names.
4:27
120d
Why don't the gallery thing (example: Help Wanted Gallery 0004)?
*don't we do the gallery
4:28
Muchacha
Huh?
Realistic fish head: And now, absolute silence.
4:29
JCM
okay
4:29
AMK152
yeah...
so I have no idea what we are going to do
4:29
Muchacha
How about production codes.
4:29
AMK152
I think prod codes are the best bet
4:29
Muchacha
Ok!
4:29
AMK152
001a for Help Wanted
4:30
Muchacha
Like
4:30
AMK152
001a-001, 001a-002, etc.
4:30
AW10
should we create option propsal as fanon wiki for it
4:30
Muchacha
72a-6.
4:30
AW10
just copy past chat and list all ideas
4:30
JCM
yeah, i don't think the hundreds notation is necessary
4:30
AMK152
072a-006 will help them order themselves, especially in categories
4:31
JCM
Alright, then
4:31
AW10
have anyone noticed my suggestion?
4:31
Muchacha
1. What is episode 072a?
4:31
AMK152
which one?
the bot?
4:31
Muchacha
Yes.
4:32
AMK152
72a is All That Glitters
4:32
120d
I am still a bit confused on the proposal. Can someone please explain it to me.
4:32
Muchacha
Yeah!
4:32
AMK152
me too
4:32
Muchacha
AMK (1)
4:32
AW10
should we create option propsal as fanon wiki for it just copy past chat and list all ideas
4:32
AMK152
Are we going with 001a-001 ?
4:32
Muchacha
Yes.
4:32
AW10
as for bot: "you create a table with fin and replace columns and make a bot do that"
4:32
Muchacha
Do we need the 0s though?
4:32
AMK152
ok
4:32
120d
I guess no one is listen to me.
4:32
AMK152
the 0s help them stay in order
4:33
Muchacha
I guess.
4:33
AMK152
especially in categories
so 001a-001?
4:33
JosephHawk
Sure
4:33
Muchacha
Ok.
 :)
4:33
AMK152
is Help Wanted image 1
we can have a separate proposal for that
4:33
Muchacha
No. Production code is easier.
4:34
AMK152
that is prod code
4:34
Muchacha
A proposal will be good.
4:34
AMK152
001a-001
another thing... standardized image types?
png? jpg?
4:34
JosephHawk
Why not both?
4:34
Spongebob456
Stick with both for now.
4:34
AMK152
sure
4:34
Muchacha
Jpg and png are the normal ones.
4:34
AMK152
it was just a thought
4:34
Spongebob456
The yugioh wiki allowed both then uploaded png versions later.
Perhaps state that png is preferred.
4:34
Muchacha
It doesn't matter.
4:35
JosephHawk
I have been to wikis that only allow certain types, and it's a pain  :P
4:35
AMK152
we can save that discussion for another day and focus on the names for now
4:35
Spongebob456
New avi  <3
4:35
Muchacha
I take snapshots of the episodes with my iPad.
They always turn out .jpg.
4:35
Spongebob456
You have the episodes on your iPad?
4:35
AMK152
I can draft up a proposal for the episode naming scheme
4:36
Muchacha
Season 1-3 and 7.
4:36
AMK152
if you have amazon prime and you have the app you can watch them
4:36
Spongebob456
Wow.
I kinda have a few downloaded of YouTube  :/
4:36
JosephHawk
New avatar! Wow! Not used to it Bob  ;)
4:36
AMK152
so what about the other image names?
4:36
Spongebob456
Season 9 episodes.
4:37
AMK152
should we just hold off until this one is settled?
4:37
Muchacha
The character images can be SpongeBob1 or SB1.
4:37
Spongebob456
Yeah,
4:37
120d
I have a problem with this proposal. I am fine with whatever thing you guys come up with for episodes. But what about others?
4:37
Muchacha
What would you prefer?
4:37
120d
I think there should be no rule about anything else.
4:37
AMK152
should we cancel the current proposal?
4:37
Muchacha
How long have we been on this item?
Ok.
4:38
AMK152
like a half hour:P
4:38
Spongebob456
Yeah, let's move on. .-.
4:38
JosephHawk
Fanon wiki?
4:38
120d
I feel like like no one is paying attention to me.
4:38
AMK152
so should we cancel the current image scheme proposal?
4:38
JosephHawk
Sure
4:38
Muchacha
Yeah.
4:38
JosephHawk
Bake a new one from scratch  ;)
4:39
Muchacha
>I feel like like no one is paying attention to me.
Nonsense.
4:39
120d
Finally.
4:39
Muchacha
Were all ears, 120d.
4:39
AMK152
ok, we can cancel that
4:39
120d
The image proposal, what have we come up with so far?
4:39
Muchacha
Production codes for episodes.
4:39
AMK152
120d: the proposal is to use prod# and then image #
so for example: 001a-001
001a = Help Wanted and 001 is the first image
4:40
120d
Is this for just episodes?
4:40
Muchacha
Yeah.  :P
4:40
AMK152
yes, just episodes
4:40
120d
So what about the other stuff.
4:40
Muchacha
They're fine.
Right?
4:41
120d
do you mean that they are fine in the proposal or just the way they are now.
*now?
4:41
AMK152
we can cancel the current proposal and wait for this one to go through
4:41
JosephHawk
Sounds good
4:41
AMK152
mose of the images will be derived from episode screenshots anyway
so I can create a new proposal tonight
ok...
4:41
Muchacha
I just do the episode galleries anyway.
4:42
120d
I think that that topic is done.
4:42
JosephHawk
Can we discuss the fanon wiki now? (since we put it off before)
4:42
120d
I think that is a good idea,
-----REFRESH CHAT-----
120d
*idea.
4:43
Muchacha
And JCM left just as we decided to talk on SBFW.
4:43
JosephHawk
JCM, are you here?
4:43
Muchacha
AMK?
4:44
JosephHawk
Let's just wait for a couple minutes
4:44
Spongebob456
Have to go guys - will catch up later.
4:44
Muchacha
No, wait.
Hes coming back.
4:44
JosephHawk
Cya Bob!
4:44
Muchacha
Bye.  :/
Welcome to the SpongeBobia Wiki chat 
4:44
AMK152
I froze
4:44
Muchacha
Hi. o/
4:44
JosephHawk
Okay
4:45
AMK152
AW10 suggested listing all combinations for image naming scheme and then having everyone decide
probably a better alternative
4:45
Muchacha
Ok.
4:45
AMK152
so I can set up that proposal tonight
Spongebob456 has left the chat. 
4:45
AMK152
ok
AW10 had a new idea for the color on the templates but I lost it
aha
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User:AW10/color-scheme-new
thoughts?
4:47
Muchacha
It's tolerable.
4:47
120d
It looks weird
4:47
JosephHawk
Eh
4:47
Muchacha
Yeah
4:47
120d
It should not be all one color
4:47
AMK152
it's not
it's two very similar colors
4:47
Muchacha
Really the old one worked better, but you could make both colors stand out better.
4:48
AMK152
if the other one doesn't pass, should we put this one up for discussion?
4:48
Muchacha
Ok
4:48
120d
What's wrong with the way they are now again?
4:48
Muchacha
Nothing.
4:48
AMK152
not enough yellow
4:48
JosephHawk
I support leaving the current ones
4:48
AMK152
but it's okay
4:48
Muchacha
I like the old one.
4:48
AW10
the problem is there is no such thing as dark yellow and I think that the old theme is so far the best we can have
4:49
AMK152
yeah
we might as well leave it
4:49
AW10
also this new really looks weired
4:49
120d
Not everything has to be yellow on this wiki.
4:49
AMK152
so we can just leave that
4:49
Muchacha
We could make them yellower but not bright. Like yellow orange.
4:49
AW10
so, I suggest we cancell proposal as I suggested before
4:49
AMK152
the proposal could be either cancelled or just let it go and not pass
4:49
AW10
and leave old
4:49
Muchacha
Yes.
4:49
AMK152
yeah we can just cancel that
OK!
on to the big one...
JCM?
4:50
120d
I don't remember who told me this, but I do remember that I disliked him or her. They said that this wiki had to much yellow.
4:50
AMK152
1. Fanon wiki situation
4:50
120d
*He or she said
4:50
AW10
avesome ashley
4:50
120d
Is that who is was?
*it
*who it
4:51
Muchacha
AwesomeAshley6199.
4:51
AW10
possibly
4:51
JCM
I'm here
4:51
Muchacha
Ok.
4:51
120d
The point still stands, there doesn't need to be yellow everywhere.
4:51
Muchacha
Yeah.
4:51
AMK152
ok, onto the fanon wiki discussion...
currently: Option A (10); Option B (-3); Option C (-1); Option D (-1)
4:51
JosephHawk
Alright
4:51
Muchacha
If the text was yellow it would be unreadable.
4:52
AMK152
Option A to start fresh is the most popular
4:52
JosephHawk
Looks like we are moving to FSB
4:52
JCM
I still don't understand what the purpose of starting fresh is
4:52
AMK152
I though we would have to open up a discussion to decide between A and D
hold on, I have list of pros and cons
4:52
Muchacha
Me neither.
4:52
120d
You guys can do what ever you want with the fanon, start it over, clean it up, blow it up, whatever.
4:53
Muchacha
We'd have to build up our fanon wiki, and why not use SBFW's stories on our site too, to make things easier?
Building up is hard.
4:54
JosephHawk
Because we are starting fresh
4:54
AMK152
I had the file
4:54
Muchacha
Right, JCM?
4:54
AMK152
I had a list of pros and cons...
4:54
JCM
Oh
4:54
JosephHawk
Muchcha, we aren't going to copy the material from the Fanon Wiki
4:54
JCM
You lost it?
4:54
AMK152
there it is!
lol, I never saved the text file
I have some many windows open
ok
4:55
JosephHawk
Lol
4:55
Muchacha
Lawl
4:55
120d
Some many?
4:55
AMK152
so many
4:55
JCM
Wait, are you using Windows 7? @AMK
4:55
AMK152
Mac OS X
4:55
Muchacha
Hm
4:55
AMK152
pros of building our own Fanon wiki:
*Fresh start/clean slate *No awful history *Stability of ESB maintains a stable new wiki *More positive environment
Cons:
*Starting over *Need to build a wiki from scratch *Unfamiliar territory as far as wiki-building *Split fanon communities
4:56
Muchacha
Hmm.
4:56
AMK152
Pros of staying with SBFW:
*United and larger fanon community *Add to an already-large fanon wiki *SBFW is already well-established *Waiting until Sept. 2014 might allow the wounds to heal
Cons:
*Awful history *Hostility within the SBFW community *Some language unsuitable for children *Hatred of ESB by some users
4:56
120d
Why are we even caring about that wiki?
4:56
AW10
we have practicly build the new fanon wiki already
4:56
Muchacha
I like SBFW.
4:56
JosephHawk
And we built the answers wiki from scratch
4:56
AMK152
yeah
4:56
JosephHawk
I think we can easily do this
4:56
JCM
But the original fanon wiki has already been starting to get stable again now that Tanner and Ben are off the staff
4:56
AMK152
the proposal ends in 2 hours
4:56
Muchacha
Really?
4:57
JCM
Yes
4:57
JosephHawk
We already had a vote, we can't change it… can we?
4:57
AMK152
they are still there harrassing me
4:57
Muchacha
How about we wait and see what happens.
4:57
AMK152
what is everyone's thoughts currently?
overall?
I say start fresh...
4:57
Muchacha
I like SBFW.
4:57
JosephHawk
Start fresh
4:57
JCM
Still, you shouldn't kick the entire wiki off Spongebobia just because two users are harassing you
4:57
120d
I mean, I understand that you don't want it to go to hell, but why care about anything else?
4:58
AMK152
what do you mean 120d?
4:58
120d
I said earlier why are we caring about the fanon wiki?
4:58
Muchacha
Because
4:58
120d
Because why?
4:58
AMK152
because they are affiliated with us but their is a tension
*there
4:59
Muchacha
Well, maybe the tension will go away .
4:59
AW10
start fresh
4:59
120d
Again, I don't care what you guys do.
4:59
AMK152
the concept of a fanon wiki is great for the network
but another thing to look at:
4:59
120d
Why?
4:59
JCM
Yeah, the tension has already been starting to go away
And I can just ban Tanner or Ben is they harass people
4:59
AMK152
because we can grow as a network and interconnected community
4:59
Muchacha
I am with JCM.
5:00
120d
AMK, Okay.
5:00
AMK152
if the SBFW is 100% accepting of us, that's one thing... but even if part of them don't that's a whole other thing
5:00
JosephHawk
Only 2 people from SBFW voted
5:00
JCM
yeah
5:00
120d
Whether you decide to start over or not. I want no part of it.
5:00
Muchacha
Three now.
5:00
JCM
i feel like most of the people on esb don't fully understand the situation at the fanon wiki
5:01
AMK152
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:Discussions/SpongeBob_Fanon_Wiki_situation
5:01
120d
Also, I am still worried about the leakage of fanon.
5:01
JCM
We've always been affiliated
5:01
120d
on this wiki
5:01
AMK152
120d: that's why a merge was stopped
5:01
JCM
And there's been no leakage of fanon before
5:01
120d
Yes there has.
5:01
Muchacha
By vandals.
5:01
AMK152
we have been affiliated but never interacted and not everyone is getting along
5:01
JCM
Vandals will create fanon pages whether there's a fanon wiki or not
5:01
AMK152
I cannot voice my opinion over there otherwise I am told I am overstepping my boundaries
5:02
Muchacha
Well, wait and see what happens.
5:02
JosephHawk
I think FSB, which would be run by ESB, is a great idea
5:02
AMK152
all in all, there is more support to start over
5:02
JosephHawk
And we can't ignore everyone's will
5:02
AMK152
OVERALL THOUGHT: If SBFW recovers, we can always merge
5:02
Muchacha
I like SBFW. Sorry.
Ok.
5:03
JCM
I mean, it's already starting to recover
5:03
JosephHawk
10 people already said to start new
5:03
JCM
People are making fanon again, the disputes are starting to settle
5:03
Muchacha
Well, lets just wait and see.
5:04
AMK152
and, ESB's ideas can be fully realized at FSB... and if SBFW fully accepts us, they can see what kind of ideas we have, in action
5:04
JCM
What ideas are you talking about, anyway?
5:04
Muchacha
Look at this guys.
Support -The users from ESB are some of the kindest I have seen in a great while and I fully welcome them to our wiki. With their support, they can propel our wiki to new heights and possibly back to its glory days. Hope to see you guys as a part of our vast community soon! -MS12 Support - - The only users who are being hostile towards you are Da Nerd and Lazaro. I don't think creating an entirely new fanon wiki is necessary, especially since the one we have is starting to rebound. ~JCM 21:11, June 4, 2014 (UTC) Support - Only a few users are being hostile to you. But the rest are just doing their work in the Fanon Wiki. We appologize for anything that has offended you. SBCA (talk) 14:49, June 6, 2014 (UTC)
Welcome to the SpongeBobia Wiki chat 
5:05
AMK152
I froze again
a lot of organization, templates, design, etc.
5:06
JCM
I mean, if you want to implement some of your ideas on the current fanon wiki, we won't stop you
You just haven't actually suggested any of those ideas yet
5:06
AMK152
I cannot, with Seventho...
5:06
JCM
That's one user
5:06
Muchacha
Ban Seventho.
5:06
AMK152
regardless, we can always merge in the future
5:06
JCM
If the rest of the users agree, it'll be easy to implement your ideas
5:06
JosephHawk
For now, let's get FSB set up
5:07
JCM
And if Seventho obstructs with the implementation, you can just block him
5:07
AMK152
we can merge in the future if the fanon wiki recovers
5:07
Muchacha
And you can update us on SBFW JCM
5:07
AMK152
Seventho would have to be infinitely banned
ok... so that discussion will end at 7 PM
5:07
Muchacha
Yeah, just infinitely ban him
Extend it.
5:08
JCM
I don't think it's fair to infinitely block someone just because they disagree with a proposal
5:08
Muchacha
But remember 120d?
5:08
AMK152
JCM: Seventho is against ESB and me and Joseph... we cannot work with SBFW if he is still there
FSB is the only solution
120d is different... he doesn't want ESB to die...
5:08
120d
Yes.
5:09
Muchacha
No we can wait to see if something happens.
5:09
JosephHawk
It's too late Muchacha.
We already set up the proposal
5:09
AMK152
like I said: we can always merge in the future
5:09
JosephHawk
And it looks like its gonna pass
5:09
Muchacha
Listen. Remember our situation with 120d?
5:09
AMK152
yes, I do
5:09
120d
What situation? I am a bit confused?
5:10
AMK152
really?
5:10
Muchacha
Remember how he got demoted?
5:10
AMK152
yes?
5:10
120d
yes
5:10
Muchacha
Hes recovering.
5:10
120d
yes.
5:10
AMK152
Seventho is much different
but anyway, we can always merge in the future
5:10
Muchacha
Not really.
Ok, merge.
5:10
AMK152
Seventho want's ESB to leave SBFW alone
FSB can also be a way to show them what kind of ideas we have
5:11
Muchacha
Well, he allows me there.
5:11
AMK152
and later we can join forces
5:11
AW10
okay, so, start fresh with merging possibiliry in future
5:11
AMK152
yes
we have to move on to the next item
5:11
Muchacha
He doesnt hate me as much.
5:11
120d
AMK, did you allow JosephHawk to lock the Fred page?
5:11
AMK152
yes
5:11
120d
Why?
5:12
AMK152
because "Fredrick" is speculation
5:12
120d
So?
5:12
AMK152
this is off topic to the meeting...
5:12
120d
It breaks a rule.
5:12
Muchacha
No arguing.
5:12
AMK152
we cannot speculate
5:12
Muchacha
Please.
5:12
120d
You cannot lock a page over an edit despute.
5:12
AMK152
if we use "Fredrick," then purple and orange docter fish are both Gill Gilliam
120d: that is why pages can be locked
5:12
JosephHawk
We are getting off track gentlemen
5:13
AMK152
yes
moving on...
3. Character infobox
5:13
120d
Okay. I will allow you to have it, but can you please unlock it.
5:13
AMK152
We discussed earlier about changing the discussion
5:13
Muchacha
We did that already.
5:13
JosephHawk
Yes
5:13
120d
I will not mess with it.
5:13
JosephHawk
Wait, why are we bringing this up again?
@Andrew
5:13
AMK152
this is what I say: we discuss each item individually
5:13
120d
okay.
5:13
AMK152
JCM, AW10, and 120d weren't here for that
so I was summerizing
5:13
JosephHawk
Ah, okay
5:14
AMK152
I will cancel the current proposal and make a new one
5:14
120d
yes.
5:14
AMK152
ok, next item...
4. Merging chat rooms
I need to do this still.. Onions allowed the SB Answers chat to be redirect to ESB chat
5:14
120d
okay.
5:14
AMK152
next...
5. Status of SpongeBobia.com / SBU redirect
5:14
Muchacha
Bigger chat parties!
5:15
JosephHawk
How is that coming along?
5:15
AMK152
I didn't work on SpongeBobia.com yet, but if anyone has ideas, let me know
5:15
JosephHawk
Oh okay
5:15
AMK152
or at least this week
5:15
120d
what is happening?
5:15
AMK152
as soon as I find a good chunk of time
120d: I am making a domain for the network
spongebobia.com
it will link to all sites in the network
5:15
Muchacha
Ok.
5:15
AMK152
and we will have social media linked as well
5:16
Muchacha
Froze
5:16
120d
Will this have the wiki?
5:16
Muchacha
Froze
5:16
AMK152
yes, it will be linked
anyway, if you have any ideas for SpongeBobia.com, e-mail me at andrewkolstee@gmail.com
5:16
120d
I meant will it be like the failed SpongeBob Universe?
5:16
JosephHawk
Certainly
5:16
AMK152
no
5:16
120d
good.
5:16
AMK152
SBU was new site, SpongeBobia is a group of sites
it's better not to merge them all
next item...
6. Signatures
I keep postponing this one
5:17
Muchacha
I like my sig! :O
5:17
JCM
So wait, will you add a link to FSB to the "Links" section when you're finished developing it?
5:17
120d
They should be simple.
5:17
AMK152
yes
I did draft a signature policy proposal
5:17
120d
okay.
5:17
JosephHawk
I think we need height and width limits
5:17
AMK152
the large boxes take up space
boxes like AW10's and 120d's are okay
Joseph's is an image and it doesn't mess up the page
but the other big ones have become an issue
5:18
Muchacha
Does mine mess the page up?
5:18
120d
I don't like the ones with the mini gifs.
5:18
Muchacha
Why not?
Everyone has them now.
5:18
120d
because they are destracting.
And I do not.
5:19
Muchacha
But they are fancy.
5:19
AMK152
omg 120d, we actually agree on something...  :P
5:19
120d
We aren't enemies.
5:19
AMK152
I know
5:19
Muchacha
We used to.
But you've mellowed out so well.
5:19
120d
indeed.
JCM has left the chat. 
5:20
Muchacha
Wait. Come back.
Bye.
5:20
AMK152
found it
my drafted signature proposal I made like 3 week ago
5:20
120d
Whenever, you are done talking about the issues on your list I want to talk about the Slow Admin Process.
5:20
Muchacha
He already said no.
JCM has joined the chat. 
5:20
Muchacha
The adminship is just one big package deal.
Hey again. WB.
5:20
AMK152
here: http://pastebin.com/8atwjXsL
5:21
120d
I think I called it the Slow Adminship Process.
5:21
AW10
I think it may be possible to reduce the height of the signatures without changing structure of them
5:21
AMK152
that's my drafted proposal
some people do not specify what link to wall/contribs are, they use diff workds, which is confusing
5:21
Muchacha
I'm not sure I wanna lose my OVERTIME?!?! Yeah, overtime, pal!
5:22
AMK152
it's difficult to know which links to talk page or contribs
same here: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User:ZeoSpark/SigReal
5:22
JosephHawk
I like that policy Andrew
5:22
120d
Muchacha, remember, you have an entire User page to do whatever you want to on.
5:22
JosephHawk
Well, if you hover your mouse, you can see it @Andrew
5:22
AMK152
it is especially helpful to new users
AW10 has left the chat. 
5:22
AMK152
i know, but new users
AW10 has joined the chat. 
5:23
Muchacha
WB O/
JCM has left the chat. 
5:23
Muchacha
It doesn't work here.
What's going on here!?
5:23
AMK152
so thoughts on the signature proposal?
freezing, I guess
I can put up the proposal and we can see what happens
5:24
Muchacha
I really don't know.
5:24
JosephHawk
Sure, do that AMK
5:24
AMK152
You can still have "OVERTIME" but also include perhaps a "W" and "C"
5:24
Muchacha
Ok.
5:24
AW10
I like the proposal
5:24
AMK152
ok, I will post it tonight
next item...
7. Category template for images
eh
I still don't know about this one
5:25
120d
explain
5:25
AMK152
creating a category to help with image categorization
5:25
AW10
I suggest we deal with it after we handle iameg naming scheme
5:25
AMK152
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Image-cat
5:25
JosephHawk
^ agreed
5:26
AMK152
yeah
I can postpone this one
5:26
120d
okay.
5:26
Muchacha
Image-cat?
5:26
120d
Image-category
5:26
AMK152
yeah... I don't know...
next...
8. Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy
5:26
120d
Is this about my template?
5:26
AMK152
120d knows more about this, from the template
yes
we were trying to figure out the official names
5:26
Muchacha
Just use MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy as a compromise for now.
5:27
120d
I think that the pages should re main the same.
*remain
5:27
AMK152
I even looked up copyright/trademark databases, but it seems inconsistent
5:27
120d
It does.
5:27
Muchacha
I think it's Mermaidman too.
5:27
AMK152
yeah we said to keep them the same until we get an official source
5:27
120d
That is why I have the template.
5:27
AMK152
ok, next item...
5:27
Muchacha
How about we email Nick?
5:27
JosephHawk
Not a bad idea
5:28
120d
I assume you mean Nickelodeon.
5:28
AMK152
yes
5:28
Muchacha
Yes.
5:28
AMK152
9. MediaWiki customization master list (http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:MediaWiki_customization)
like I said before, keep adding to the list if you see customizable features
5:28
Muchacha
It's empty.
5:28
AW10
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:MediaWiki_customization
5:28
AMK152
my link is screwed up
there we go
I need to change my avatar...
5:29
AW10
I am not huge fan of customization, but everyone seems to be liking it
5:29
AMK152
I know, that was random...
5:29
JosephHawk
^ yes!
I am looking forward to seeing your official avi  :P
5:29
Muchacha
Yeah.
5:29
AMK152
next item...
10. Auto Refresh Wiki Activity
5:29
Muchacha
AMK, are you a brony?
5:29
AMK152
I still haven't look into it
5:29
AW10
wasn't that bugged
5:30
JosephHawk
Yes
5:30
AMK152
nope
5:30
JosephHawk
It doesn't show the most recent item
5:30
AMK152
oh yeah, we cancelled that...
5:30
Muchacha
Are you anti?
5:30
JosephHawk
I mean, you can turn it off
5:30
AMK152
I am neutral
5:30
Muchacha
Autorefresh is good.
5:30
AMK152
next item...
12. Using SBM ratings in reception
thoughts on this?
it was in one of the ideas thread...
5:30
120d
I think that this is a good idea.
5:30
Muchacha
I like that idea.
5:31
JosephHawk
Same
5:31
Muchacha
We could make our own rating system too.
5:31
AMK152
Muchacha: that is one idea I have for the future
5:31
120d
A rating system is not a wiki thing.
5:31
Muchacha
It can be.
5:31
120d
We are a database, not a ratings place
5:31
JosephHawk
Eh, I am neutral towards that
5:31
AMK152
it can be a SpongeBobia.com thing
5:32
JosephHawk
^
5:32
Muchacha
The magic of coding can do anything.
5:32
AMK152
then you can learn about the episode by going to ESB
5:32
Muchacha
Sounds inconvenient.
5:32
JosephHawk
Sure
5:32
Muchacha
What if all the episodes had a discussion page like SBM?
5:32
AMK152
eh, we can discuss this later down the road to see how best to implement it
5:33
Muchacha
Ok.
5:33
AW10
we can have a articele icons where we put ratings
5:33
120d
How many more items are there to discuss?
5:33
Muchacha
4.
5:33
AMK152
next...
13. Task awards / tasks / task proposal?
5:33
JosephHawk
I liked it at first
5:33
Muchacha
What?
5:33
JosephHawk
But now i think it's not needed
5:33
120d
explanation please
5:34
AMK152
I think we are talking about different things
5:34
120d
Explain!
5:34
AMK152
ok, moving on...
13. Task awards / tasks / task proposal?
5:34
Muchacha
Dont scream 120d.
5:34
120d
That is what we were just on
5:34
AMK152
tasks = a project of some sort in which users can be award with awards other than badges
5:35
Muchacha
Like PC?
5:35
AMK152
and the tasks can be specific
5:35
120d
Do you mean like quests in some games?
5:35
AMK152
but I think we need to establish how it's going to be done first
yes, like quests
5:35
Muchacha
Like getting adminship?'
5:35
AMK152
no
completeing needed tasks, like finishing a transcript
5:36
AW10
what was the tasks for this week
were*
5:36
Muchacha
You mean quests like Tiff or Nick's Stealing the diamond?
5:36
JosephHawk
We didn't have any
5:36
AMK152
5 transcripts
5:36
120d
Why don't you just make more badges?
5:36
JosephHawk
No @Muchacha
5:36
AW10
tasks can be helpful of rnominations
5:36
AMK152
you cannot do badges for these kind of things
5:36
Muchacha
Which transcripts?
5:36
AMK152
badges are based on categories
5:36
Muchacha
And episodes
5:36
AMK152
awards are based on article content
5:37
120d
okay.
5:37
AW10
we just lsit projects on the wiki that needs to be done and reward people that do msot of them
5:37
JosephHawk
I was planning on setting up the rewards...
5:37
AMK152
basically what AW10 said
5:37
Muchacha
Like expanding transcripts?
5:37
AMK152
yes
I think I should make a proposal first to show how this will be done
5:37
120d
Maybe this would help with my subgallery problem
5:37
AMK152
then set up like a "tasks" page
5:37
Muchacha
I have a transcript that needs major cleanup.
5:37
AMK152
yes 120d
5:37
Muchacha
Choir Boys.
5:38
120d
What makes that one special?
5:38
AMK152
I can set up all the guidelines/processes for proposal
I will draft it this week
5:38
Muchacha
It's needing cleanup.
5:38
120d
A lot of transcripts need cleanup.
5:39
AMK152
yeah
5:39
Muchacha
Should transcripts under 10000 bytes be classified as stubs?
5:39
AMK152
size doesn matter, it's completion that matters
5:39
120d
A trancript that is a stub is one that only has a few lines.
*transcript
5:39
AMK152
so I will draft a proposal this week for the tasks
5:39
120d
okay.
5:39
AMK152
next...
14. Linking to other wikis/websites
5:40
Muchacha
I have my task for week.
The Choir Boys transcript.
5:40
AMK152
this is in response to the other chat room that was posted on many of our walls this week
5:40
JosephHawk
I think we shouldn't allow it
Anything that isn't part of the network
5:40
AW10
which sites and where the link will be placed
5:40
Muchacha
But what if theres a chat party on another wiki?
We can link to other chats in chat right?
5:41
JosephHawk
If they are not in the ESB network, then no
5:41
Muchacha
But only if they are chats like on tominator's site.
Tominator777 in the 2nd world wiki.
5:41
AMK152
we can have an affiliates page
and they can post their schedule
or one announcement
not posting on a bunch of people's walls
5:42
Muchacha
Because that is spam.
5:42
AMK152
yeah
I can make a proposal for affiliates
5:42
JosephHawk
What about in chat?
5:42
AMK152
and I am talking non-network affiliates
5:43
Muchacha
Thats fine.
5:43
JosephHawk
like people asking users to join other chats?
5:43
AMK152
I am not sure?
5:43
Muchacha
We should have a one link rule.
5:43
JosephHawk
^
5:43
AMK152
or if a chat moderate says it's out of hand to stop
5:43
JosephHawk
If a users posts more than once in chat
5:43
Muchacha
Kick
5:43
AMK152
and if they don't, they get kicked
ok, I can draft a proposal
ok, next...
15. Other SB wikis
5:44
Muchacha
That proposal got abandones.
5:44
AMK152
It's been over a week since I offered a bunch of merges
5:44
Muchacha
Abandoned
I have an item I would like to bring up.
5:45
AMK152
I drafted a proposal
http://pastebin.com/PWac54sF
I basically went through the adoption guidelines
and I will list several of them when I make the proposal
5:46
JosephHawk
AMK, you do know that you don't have to adopt to redirect their URLS
just ask Staff
5:46
AMK152
some of these wikis have images and videos and content
it needs to be merged in case they have stuff we don't
5:46
Muchacha
Yes.
I have an item I want to discuss.
5:46
AMK152
I actually might send staff a message to adopt them immediately
5:47
120d
Muchacha, you will get your turn.
5:47
AMK152
I can try that first, if that doesn't work, I will put up the proposal
go ahread Much
*ahead
5:47
Muchacha
14a: Summer and Fathers Day Background Contests
5:47
JosephHawk
lol…
5:47
Muchacha
These things havent been touched in weeks.
5:48
120d
Muchacha, we will get to you when AMK is done.
5:48
AMK152
those days are coming up
I told Muchacha to go ahead
5:48
120d
Or we'll do it now.
5:48
Muchacha
I am asking, should we just close them now after tallying the votes?
5:48
120d
No.
5:48
Muchacha
But still wait until June 21st to put the images up?
5:48
AMK152
yes
or whatever date is listed
5:49
120d
They probably haven't been touched because people do not know about them because they are not linked on the homepage
5:49
Muchacha
Hmm.
5:49
AW10
they are linked form community corner
5:50
AMK152
yes
5:50
AW10
and every time community messages button appear, there is a chance that people will also notcie contests
5:50
120d
It is unfair to close it now because if someone was waiting unit the last day to vote, then they would not get a chance
5:50
AW10
altough they are at the end
5:50
120d
They are not at the end.
5:51
AMK152
it has lacked activity because those who usually give their input have already given their input
5:51
120d
They still have several days.
5:51
Muchacha
But I think we should make them more visible.
5:51
AW10
I think as last bullet, 120d
like*
5:51
Muchacha
Or just until a tiebreaker is reached for the Summer Background Contests.
5:51
AMK152
we could have them listed under the twitter feed
5:51
Muchacha
I have 8 supports, and someone else has 8 supports.
5:51
AMK152
the most recent
5:52
Muchacha
Ok.
5:52
120d
They should not be closed, why are we considering it?
5:52
AMK152
we are not closing them
5:52
120d
good.
5:52
AMK152
let them go to the end
5:52
Muchacha
Because they have been abandoned.
Ok.
Moving on?
5:52
AMK152
they have been abandoned because the bulk of those who discuss it have already done so
yeah
anything else before I summerize?
5:52
AW10
no
5:52
AMK152
ok...
5:52
Muchacha
We have two items left.
5:53
120d
I still want to talk about my Slow Admimship Process.
5:53
Muchacha
15 and 16.
And 17.
5:53
AMK152
Much, I did 15 and 16 I need to organize better
there is no 17
5:53
Muchacha
Well, 120d.
5:53
AMK152
15 is other SB wikis
go ahead, 120d
5:53
120d
thank you.
5:53
Muchacha
You are welcome.
5:54
120d
I think that we should consider this as an alternative to the current system.
5:54
Muchacha
For peoll
5:54
AMK152
elaborate
5:54
Muchacha
People who are having trouble getting adminship.
JosephHawk has left the chat. 
5:55
AMK152
explain?
5:56
Muchacha
For the people who are having trouble proving they can do it.
JosephHawk has joined the chat. 
5:56
AMK152
what is the slow admin process?
5:56
120d
The current system is based on how many votes for yes that person get (within a limit, of course). However, the SAP (slow admin process) is much better because it gives people a chance to prove they are worth it.
5:56
JosephHawk
I am back
5:56
Muchacha
120d, take it away.
5:56
AMK152
wb
5:57
Muchacha
Oh.
You're already taking it.
5:57
AMK152
go ahead...
5:57
120d
what? I already said what I said.
5:57
AMK152
the floor is yours, 120d
explain the slow admin process
5:58
120d
It is above JosephHawk's recent enterence.
5:58
Muchacha
W
5:58
120d
"I am back" is what he wrote
5:58
Muchacha
What?
5:58
AMK152
but you didn't explain it
"However, the SAP (slow admin process) is much better because it gives people a chance to prove they are worth it." - this doesn't explain how it works
5:58
Muchacha
Explain what the Slow Admin Process it.
*is
5:59
120d
SAP is an alternative for the process.
*current process.
5:59
AMK152
yes... and?
how does it work?
5:59
Muchacha
Yeah, 120d.
Don't be shy.
6:00
120d
It gives the user more powers in a certain amount of time before recieving adminship.
6:00
AMK152
give us an example
6:00
JosephHawk
I think that's already happening
I was a chat mod. before I became admin
6:00
Muchacha
Like how I got chat mod and rollback.
6:00
JosephHawk
Yea
6:00
AMK152
yeah, I gave 120d rollback
6:00
JosephHawk
Muchacha will become admin, and after he got chat mod. and rollback
6:00
120d
I want to become admin. I am a regular user.
6:01
AMK152
you are a rollback, 120d... that's between user and admin
6:01
120d
I don't want to have people vote on my adminship
6:01
Muchacha
Yes.
6:01
AMK152
that's how it works... we discuss it
how else would it work?
6:01
Muchacha
But then patroller could be added before you get the full package deal.
6:02
120d
SAP allows me to prove to people themselves worthy of adminship.
6:02
AMK152
administrators and bureaucrats are discussed first.... rollback and chat mods are appointed based on an admin's good judgement
6:02
AW10
we can make it as round 4 of ESB logo, to force poeplw to give deatiled input isntead of vote
6:02
120d
Can't you give certain powers to certain admin?
*not admins, users
6:03
AW10
and then breauercurat consider their input
6:03
AMK152
just rollback and chat mod
6:03
Muchacha
And then the full package deal.
6:03
JosephHawk
that's all, unless you request from Staff
6:03
AMK152
sysop.admin is the full package
staff cannot change it... it's part of the software
in the future, perhaps, but not now
6:03
120d
You can't give people some of the powers that admins have before they become admins?
6:04
AMK152
no, it's all one package
6:04
JosephHawk
No, but they can make a special user group with certain powers @AMK
but its a hassle
6:04
AMK152
I can contact them
6:04
Muchacha
Like you can give me patroller. And then protector. And then blocker.
6:04
AMK152
if that is possible, I will try to discuss it with chat
6:04
Muchacha
And whatever else.
6:05
120d
To be honest with you, I just want my powers back. Back when I was first given it, it was a lot easier than now.
6:05
Muchacha
Yeah, then you got too powerful.  :(
6:05
AMK152
I will see if staff can do that... perhaps we can have some flexibility with admin powers
6:05
120d
I don't think that regular users were involved at all.
6:05
JosephHawk
120d, you have to go through the proper chancels...
channels*
request it like we did
6:06
120d
I already did a few weeks ago, but it failed.
6:07
AMK152
there is also a 30 day limit before requesting again
"4. If a user makes an administrator request but fails to be promoted, they must wait at least thirty (30) days before making another request, unless their request is endorsed by all active administrators."
6:07
JosephHawk
Yes, but we can't make you admin if the community doesn't want you as one
6:07
Muchacha
How'd you get that so fast?
6:07
120d
JosephHawk, they thought and some still think that I am a jerk.
6:08
AMK152
I had the policy page up already
6:08
Muchacha
I might reapply again around the Fourth of July.
6:08
JosephHawk
Yes, and because of that, we can't just make you an admin because you want it.
6:09
Muchacha
Are you talking to me?
6:09
120d
It is not just that I want it. I think I have been through this punishment enough and have learned my lesson.
6:09
JosephHawk
120d, that is for the community to decide, not just us.
6:09
AMK152
120d, you still explode...
6:10
Muchacha
Yep.
"If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!"
6:10
120d
Well, don't we all from time to time
6:10
Muchacha
No.
Lol
6:10
AMK152
you do too much
6:10
120d
You piss me off sometimes.
6:10
AMK152
if you can show the community that you are worthy, they will support you
6:11
Muchacha
Everyone gets hurt sometimes.
6:11
JosephHawk
just keep making requests
6:11
Muchacha
Sometimes its best though to control that anger.
6:11
JosephHawk
when the community trusts you again, you will become admin
6:11
AMK152
well, I am going to summerize the meeting
6:11
120d
As I have stated before ever reaction has a equal or lesser action.
*before,
6:11
Muchacha
Are you saying the conmunity didn't trust me? (@@)
6:12
120d
I am not talking about you.
6:12
AMK152
1. Proposal will end and we will go through with new fanon wiki, FSB 2. Infobox template colors - cancelled 3. Image naming scheme - proposal 4. Cancel current character infobox proposal 5. Create new character info 6. Redirect SB Answers chatroom 7. SpongeBobia.com - looking for ideas 8. Signature proposal - post tonight 9. Category template for images - postpone 10. Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy - keep searching for an official source 11. Auto Refresh Wiki Activity cancelled 12. Using SBM ratings in reception - accepted 13. Rating episodes at ESB - hold off 14. Tasks proposal to be drafted. 15. Affiliates/advertising other wikis policy to be drafted. 
that's the summary
6:12
Muchacha
I was talking about JosephHawk.
6:12
120d
oh.
6:12
AMK152
120d: I will say that you are better than before. I keep bouncing between oppose and neutral for you...
6:13
JosephHawk
I think we all are
6:13
AMK152
Muchacha: I would support you now
6:13
120d
You should be bouncing from Neutral to Support.
6:13
Muchacha
Well, bye.
6:13
AMK152
yeah that would be better
6:14
Muchacha
Bye. I have 3% battery.
6:14
AW10
bye
o/
6:14
AMK152
bye
6:14
JosephHawk
Bye!
Muchacha has left the chat. 
6:14
AW10
why does emoticons doesn't work?
6:14
JosephHawk
 :)
 :P
 ;)
(wave)
are they working now?
6:14
AMK152
later...

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.