FANDOM


Minutes
[2014-09-21 19:56:46] -!- AMK152 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 19:56:59] <AMK152> meeting in 4 min: http://spongebobia.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat?
[2014-09-21 19:57:25] <Auron~Guardian> little late aren't we?
[2014-09-21 19:57:37] -!- Kittynator has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 19:58:11] -!- AmeliaSquarePants has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 19:58:16] <AMK152> I changed it to 4 PM
[2014-09-21 19:58:23] <Auron~Guardian> when?
[2014-09-21 19:58:25] <AmeliaSquarePants> Hi
[2014-09-21 19:58:28] <AMK152> oh wait, your not on the e-mail list
[2014-09-21 19:58:29] <Auron~Guardian> hi
[2014-09-21 19:58:54] <Auron~Guardian> no? how do you sign up?
[2014-09-21 19:59:02] <AMK152> PM me your e-mail
[2014-09-21 19:59:08] <AMK152> I always send out a reminder
[2014-09-21 19:59:12] <Auron~Guardian> ok check skype
[2014-09-21 19:59:14] <AMK152> ok
[2014-09-21 19:59:46] -!- Tominator777 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:00:01] -!- AmeliaSquarePants has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:00:36] <AMK152> there are some important things to discuss, we might just have it here
[2014-09-21 20:00:48] <AMK152> even if not many more show up
[2014-09-21 20:01:38] <Tominator777> Welcome back AW10
[2014-09-21 20:01:39] <Auron~Guardian> ok I have to leave at around 5:00 so !updatelogs for me if it's not over by then please
[2014-09-21 20:01:50] <Tominator777> hi Andrew
[2014-09-21 20:01:56] <AMK152> I will start at 4:10 p.m.
[2014-09-21 20:02:14] <AMK152> the last two meetings lasted an hour, so this one might be just as short or shorter
[2014-09-21 20:02:26] <Auron~Guardian> I'll check the chat logs since I am going out at 5:00
[2014-09-21 20:02:32] <AMK152> ok
[2014-09-21 20:02:46] <Auron~Guardian> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:04:35] -!- JCM has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:04:40] <Auron~Guardian> hello
[2014-09-21 20:04:48] <Tominator777> hi JCM
[2014-09-21 20:04:53] <AMK152> AW10: I started the title card database  http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Data:Titlecards
[2014-09-21 20:05:16] <Auron~Guardian> ah thanks i've been wanting to help with that
[2014-09-21 20:05:42] <AW10> good, why have you used FIle: prefix
[2014-09-21 20:05:59] <AMK152> I wasn't exactly sure how this was going to work
[2014-09-21 20:06:17] <AMK152> I had just begun working on it
[2014-09-21 20:08:00] <AW10> it will replace titlecard parameter of all templates
[2014-09-21 20:08:05] <AMK152> ok
[2014-09-21 20:08:18] <AMK152> yeah, I don't think I started the template that takes the data
[2014-09-21 20:08:38] <AMK152> unless we are just linking the data page with the template directly
[2014-09-21 20:09:24] <AW10> we will replace {{{titlecard}}} with {{Data:Titlecards|{{{title}}}}}
[2014-09-21 20:09:50] -!- Aquatic Nuggets has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:10:03] <Tominator777> hi aquatic nuggets
[2014-09-21 20:10:10] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Hello
[2014-09-21 20:10:22] <Auron~Guardian> so {{Data:Titlecards|{{{Ripped Pants}}}}} for example?
[2014-09-21 20:10:27] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Is the meeting here? I think I went to the wrong room originally, haha
[2014-09-21 20:10:43] <Tominator777> yeah, the meeting is "here"
[2014-09-21 20:10:44] <AMK152> it should automatically generate the title based on the title field
[2014-09-21 20:10:45] -!- Kittynator has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:11:08] <AMK152> ok, time to start
[2014-09-21 20:11:25] <AMK152> 1. SpongeBob Infinity
[2014-09-21 20:11:28] <Auron~Guardian> so if it is for the episode Ripped Pants, Ripped Pants is generated automaticly?
[2014-09-21 20:11:32] <AW10> @Auron~Guardian {{{title}}} is a parameter sent to database to retrieve titlecard
[2014-09-21 20:11:45] <AMK152> 1a. Logo contest
[2014-09-21 20:11:48] <AW10> @Auron~Guardian yes
[2014-09-21 20:11:51] <Auron~Guardian> ah okay
[2014-09-21 20:11:57] <AMK152> Dylan messaged me about decideding on the SBI logo
[2014-09-21 20:12:25] <AMK152> Nuggets
[2014-09-21 20:12:37] <Aquatic_Nuggets> http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10890-spongebob-infinity-and-logo-contest/
[2014-09-21 20:12:45] <Aquatic_Nuggets> All of the entries are here.
[2014-09-21 20:12:57] <AMK152> ok
[2014-09-21 20:13:05] <Aquatic_Nuggets> I personally like Dylan's the most. It's on the second page, one of the last posts
[2014-09-21 20:13:24] <Auron~Guardian> the one by grubbygrouper is my favourite
[2014-09-21 20:13:54] <AMK152> it's interesting
[2014-09-21 20:14:05] <AMK152> I like the one by Urchees
[2014-09-21 20:14:37] <AMK152> I do like Dylan's #2
[2014-09-21 20:14:50] <Auron~Guardian> perhaps we should have the comunity vote on the three
[2014-09-21 20:14:51] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Yeah, Dylan's #2 is my favorite
[2014-09-21 20:15:04] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Not so sure about that. @Auron
[2014-09-21 20:15:07] <AMK152> Grubby's is a little complicated
[2014-09-21 20:15:17] <Aquatic_Nuggets> I agree tbh
[2014-09-21 20:15:18] <AW10> I liek this one: http://i.imgur.com/ZzD9DzO.jpg
[2014-09-21 20:15:21] <AW10> like*
[2014-09-21 20:15:29] <Auron~Guardian> ^
[2014-09-21 20:15:41] <AMK152> JCM, Tom, what do you think?
[2014-09-21 20:15:43] <Auron~Guardian> that's my favourite too AW
[2014-09-21 20:15:48] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:15:51] -!- Tominator777 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:16:20] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:16:27] <AMK152> we will need input from the rest of the staff of both sites
[2014-09-21 20:16:27] <Tominator777> test
[2014-09-21 20:16:40] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:16:51] <Auron~Guardian> create a discussion
[2014-09-21 20:16:51] <Tominator777> hi Al
[2014-09-21 20:16:52] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:17:09] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:17:11] <AMK152> actually, I can set up a discussion thread for the SBI logo where everyone can participate, and then we can get opinions from non-staff
[2014-09-21 20:17:20] <AMK152> but it was decided that staff have final say
[2014-09-21 20:17:30] <Aquatic_Nuggets> I'd be okay with that.
[2014-09-21 20:17:35] <AMK152> Nuggets, who is considered staff at SBC?
[2014-09-21 20:17:38] <Tominator777> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:18:01] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Me, Jjs, CNF, JCM, MDPP & Dylan
[2014-09-21 20:18:31] <AW10> @AMK152 we should first consider non-staff
[2014-09-21 20:18:31] <AMK152> for here, it's me, AW10, SB456, JCM, Zeo, Joseph, Tan, Much, Nicko, Tom (FSB), and OnioNS (SBA)
[2014-09-21 20:18:34] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:18:39] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:18:39] <Auron~Guardian> I'll be a ESB staff one day! I'm not giving up
[2014-09-21 20:18:53] <AMK152> yes, we will have everyone have a say... usually staff is the most vocal anyway
[2014-09-21 20:19:36] <AMK152> I can set up a discussion here, and then Nuggets, you can get opinions from SBC... or you can direct them to the discussion thread I set up
[2014-09-21 20:19:45] <AMK152> how long shall it last? 1 week?
[2014-09-21 20:19:54] <Aquatic_Nuggets> One week seems fine.
[2014-09-21 20:19:58] <Auron~Guardian> ok
[2014-09-21 20:20:04] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:20:06] <Aquatic_Nuggets> This will be the staff-only vote?
[2014-09-21 20:20:07] <AMK152> cool, I will set that up tonight
[2014-09-21 20:20:10] <AW10> on eweek is good
[2014-09-21 20:20:16] <Auron~Guardian> no comunity
[2014-09-21 20:20:21] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:20:26] <AMK152> it's more of data collection, then we will come together to see
[2014-09-21 20:20:32] <Auron~Guardian> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:20:44] <Auron~Guardian> I get it aMK
[2014-09-21 20:21:03] <AMK152> I would guess that generally there will be a strong leaning toward one particular design
[2014-09-21 20:21:14] <AMK152> so I will set that up after the meeting
[2014-09-21 20:21:18] <Auron~Guardian> ok
[2014-09-21 20:21:32] <AMK152> SBI - 1b. Status (Phase III)
[2014-09-21 20:21:43] <AMK152> I guess we are still working on interaction
[2014-09-21 20:22:03] <Auron~Guardian> yes it seems a bit idol right now
[2014-09-21 20:22:09] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:22:12] <AMK152> Nuggets, when does planning for Octerror fest begin?
[2014-09-21 20:22:29] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:22:42] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:22:53] <Auron~Guardian> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:23:00] <Aquatic_Nuggets> This weekend. @AMK
[2014-09-21 20:23:07] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:23:07] <AMK152> I plan on starting up Fanon contests for Halloween-themed fanon
[2014-09-21 20:23:20] <Auron~Guardian> that sounds fun
[2014-09-21 20:23:27] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Yeah.
[2014-09-21 20:23:42] <AMK152> ESB chat is good for any events one may want to hold in a chat room
[2014-09-21 20:24:06] <Auron~Guardian> ok
[2014-09-21 20:24:24] <AMK152> it would also help the communities come together
[2014-09-21 20:24:32] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:24:33] <Auron~Guardian> yah
[2014-09-21 20:24:45] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:24:52] <Auron~Guardian> hello
[2014-09-21 20:25:15] <Dragonballgtgoku> Hey
[2014-09-21 20:25:22] <AMK152> Nuggets, let me know when the Octerror fest schedule is done
[2014-09-21 20:25:30] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Will do
[2014-09-21 20:25:35] <AMK152> 1d. Newsletter
[2014-09-21 20:25:35] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:25:50] <AMK152> I am pretty much holding off on the newsletter for now, I am much to busy ATM
[2014-09-21 20:26:09] <Auron~Guardian> I thought we already had them?
[2014-09-21 20:26:19] <Tominator777> what is the newsletter called?
[2014-09-21 20:26:22] <Auron~Guardian> on the message boards
[2014-09-21 20:26:27] <AMK152> we don't have one
[2014-09-21 20:26:35] <Tominator777> oh
[2014-09-21 20:26:35] <AMK152> I am talking about an e-mail newsletter for the entire network
[2014-09-21 20:26:38] -!- Dezaunio has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:26:42] <Auron~Guardian> ah okay
[2014-09-21 20:26:47] <Auron~Guardian> hey
[2014-09-21 20:26:51] <AMK152> that is something I am thinking about getting going for 2015
[2014-09-21 20:26:58] <Dezaunio> hi
[2014-09-21 20:26:58] <AMK152> 2. Decline in activity
[2014-09-21 20:27:00] <AMK152> ok...
[2014-09-21 20:27:01] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:27:07] <AMK152> 2a. General
[2014-09-21 20:27:16] <Tominator777> Muchacha has been inactive lately
[2014-09-21 20:27:19] <AMK152> there has been a somewhat decline of activity
[2014-09-21 20:27:31] <Auron~Guardian> yeah but he's active on SpongeFan
[2014-09-21 20:27:38] -!- Nicko756 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:27:40] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:27:43] <AMK152> look here: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:CalzoneManiac/Why_I_Haven%27t_Been_On_Wikia_Lately
[2014-09-21 20:27:47] <Tominator777> what about 456 and Joseph?
[2014-09-21 20:27:55] <Nicko756> Is there a meeting here?
[2014-09-21 20:28:00] <AMK152> "First off, I'm beginning to get bored of the site and feel like there is hardly any vigor here as there was a few weeks ago." - Calzone
[2014-09-21 20:28:01] <Auron~Guardian> they're pretty active tom
[2014-09-21 20:28:03] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:28:03] <AMK152> yes right here
[2014-09-21 20:28:05] <Tominator777> yeah Nicko
[2014-09-21 20:28:13] <AMK152> it seems others are perhaps bored too
[2014-09-21 20:28:17] <Tominator777> oh
[2014-09-21 20:28:20] <AMK152> I am not quite sure what it is
[2014-09-21 20:28:20] <Nicko756> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:28:26] <Auron~Guardian> maybe some contests
[2014-09-21 20:28:44] <AMK152> yeah, we have a fanon contest, but there has been a lack of voting participation
[2014-09-21 20:28:48] <Auron~Guardian> or something to get people amped up
[2014-09-21 20:29:05] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:29:06] <AMK152> http://spongebobfanon.wikia.com/wiki/FSB:Contests/MM%26BB_15th_Anniversary_(article)
[2014-09-21 20:29:15] <AMK152> 2b. Enabling of comments
[2014-09-21 20:29:15] <Auron~Guardian> also school is an obstical for many people
[2014-09-21 20:29:15] <Nicko756> Hmm....
[2014-09-21 20:29:21] <AMK152> this was one attempt to deal with the decline
[2014-09-21 20:29:43] <AMK152> Auron: summer has been, historically, more of an obstacle due to the weather
[2014-09-21 20:29:43] <Aquatic_Nuggets> Auron raises a good point
[2014-09-21 20:29:44] <Nicko756> Why is the meeting here?
[2014-09-21 20:29:52] <Auron~Guardian> bot i guess?
[2014-09-21 20:29:55] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:29:58] <Nicko756> !updated
[2014-09-21 20:30:09] <Tominator777> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:30:13] <Dezaunio> Hi dragon
[2014-09-21 20:30:14] <AMK152> because someone spilled tar tar sauce in the other chatroom
[2014-09-21 20:30:14] <Aquatic_Nuggets> School makes it a lot harder to post/edit because members have less time 
[2014-09-21 20:30:20] <Auron~Guardian> lol
[2014-09-21 20:30:25] <Auron~Guardian> @AMK
[2014-09-21 20:30:26] <Dezaunio> tartar sauce
[2014-09-21 20:30:32] <AMK152> yes, it's all over
[2014-09-21 20:30:40] <Nicko756> ?!
[2014-09-21 20:30:44] <AMK152> and it smells, so that's why we are having the meeting here
[2014-09-21 20:30:44] <Nicko756> *??
[2014-09-21 20:31:03] <AMK152> so then...
[2014-09-21 20:31:04] <AMK152> 2c. Ideas
[2014-09-21 20:31:16] <AMK152> ideas for dealing with the decline?
[2014-09-21 20:31:29] <AMK152> I think that school AND boredom are both factors
[2014-09-21 20:31:39] <Auron~Guardian> well let's get some more fun stuff
[2014-09-21 20:31:39] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:31:42] <AW10> I don't think we should deal with it, people will come back if they want
[2014-09-21 20:31:42] <Nicko756> Yup
[2014-09-21 20:31:46] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:31:50] <Auron~Guardian> hmm
[2014-09-21 20:31:54] <Auron~Guardian> i suppose
[2014-09-21 20:32:11] <AMK152> what I have been doing is looking for "quiet contributors" (those who are active editors but don't socialize) and find those with excellent edits to grant rollback to
[2014-09-21 20:32:36] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:32:53] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:32:58] <AMK152> there are a few editors with excellent contributions but are not active in chat (such as Jenson, Steve, Daud, and Keylon)
[2014-09-21 20:33:07] <Nicko756> What about http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/User:Rorosilky5?
[2014-09-21 20:33:13] <AMK152> yes, Roro too
[2014-09-21 20:33:15] <AW10> in other words, we shouldn't focus on dealing with decline, but provide an example to contributors by working on ESB
[2014-09-21 20:33:23] <Nicko756> !seen Rorosilky
[2014-09-21 20:33:37] <Nicko756> !seen Rorosilky5
[2014-09-21 20:33:41] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:34:00] <AMK152> it might be intimidating for some users to join those in the "circle of socializing"
[2014-09-21 20:34:03] <Auron~Guardian> Hmm I think I understang @AW10
[2014-09-21 20:34:12] <AMK152> so it's essential that we acknowledge their contributions
[2014-09-21 20:34:17] <Auron~Guardian> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:34:23] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:34:35] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:34:37] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:34:39] <Auron~Guardian> maybe some reward for people who activly contribute?
[2014-09-21 20:34:39] <AMK152> if you see someone doing well, let them know, and for those doing very well, nominate them for UOTM
[2014-09-21 20:34:40] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:34:46] <Auron~Guardian> ok
[2014-09-21 20:34:55] <AMK152> you know, Wikipedia uses barnstars
[2014-09-21 20:35:01] -!- Tominator777 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:35:03] <Dragonballgtgoku> Hey Dezaunio
[2014-09-21 20:35:08] <AMK152> we could do something like that
[2014-09-21 20:35:09] <Auron~Guardian> barn.. stars?
[2014-09-21 20:35:13] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:35:17] <Nicko756> Can I suggest something?
[2014-09-21 20:35:21] <Auron~Guardian> ok
[2014-09-21 20:35:25] <Aquatic_Nuggets> go ahead
[2014-09-21 20:35:31] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:35:33] <AMK152> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:35:55] <Nicko756> More staff positions
[2014-09-21 20:35:56] <AW10> !commands
[2014-09-21 20:36:05] <AMK152> what do you mean? we are limited...
[2014-09-21 20:36:12] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:36:18] <Auron~Guardian> you mean like making chat mods staff?
[2014-09-21 20:36:22] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:36:26] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:36:31] <Auron~Guardian> a bit confused
[2014-09-21 20:36:56] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:37:01] <AMK152> maybe he means making positions that don't necessarily have to do with tools
[2014-09-21 20:37:05] <Nicko756> Like this: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Walking_Dead_Wiki%3AStaff
[2014-09-21 20:37:06] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:37:10] -!- Dezaunio has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:37:15] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:37:19] <Nicko756> A "Photographer" for example
[2014-09-21 20:37:32] <AMK152> interesting
[2014-09-21 20:37:55] <Auron~Guardian> ah like how riku adds alot of photos but she isn't an admin?
[2014-09-21 20:37:59] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:38:00] <Nicko756> Yes
[2014-09-21 20:38:07] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:38:17] <AW10> inventing positions is good idea
[2014-09-21 20:38:19] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:38:21] <Auron~Guardian> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:38:21] <AMK152> like teams with team leaders?
[2014-09-21 20:38:28] <AlGhost> My connection keeps resetting. Sorry about that. As I was saying, my education is top priority, so I do not have time to contribute a lot. However, I do what I can and it really is nice to see so many contributors helping out instead of turning to vandalism. :)
[2014-09-21 20:38:35] <Auron~Guardian> well not exactly
[2014-09-21 20:38:37] <AW10> especially with abbility to add custom user tags
[2014-09-21 20:38:44] <Nicko756> ^
[2014-09-21 20:39:02] <Auron~Guardian> I don't know that we need a "leader" for each team..
[2014-09-21 20:39:11] <AMK152> we actually do have one position that has nothing to do with wiki tools
[2014-09-21 20:39:12] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:39:22] <Auron~Guardian> perhaps a crat to manage the program
[2014-09-21 20:39:27] <Nicko756> Which is...?
[2014-09-21 20:39:28] <AMK152> perhaps
[2014-09-21 20:39:37] <AMK152> SB456 is Twitter Account Manager
[2014-09-21 20:39:50] <Nicko756> Okay
[2014-09-21 20:40:16] <AMK152> yes, I like the idea of giving more positions to people
[2014-09-21 20:40:21] <Auron~Guardian> me too
[2014-09-21 20:40:32] <AMK152> it can also serve as some kind of admin training
[2014-09-21 20:40:37] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:40:48] <Nicko756> "Unlike admins, staff members are regular users that are recognized by the administration as users with more responsibility than average editors.
[2014-09-21 20:40:50] <Nicko756> "
[2014-09-21 20:40:57] <AMK152> but the question is, what kind of positions are we going to create?
[2014-09-21 20:41:07] <Nicko756> Photographer, Janitor, etc
[2014-09-21 20:41:15] <Auron~Guardian> well photo uloader
[2014-09-21 20:41:33] <Tominator777> janitor? head of cleaning articles?
[2014-09-21 20:41:35] <Auron~Guardian> Spam Zapper
[2014-09-21 20:41:36] <AMK152> "Gallery Builder"
[2014-09-21 20:41:59] <AW10> Transcripter
[2014-09-21 20:42:06] <Nicko756> Yes
[2014-09-21 20:42:09] <AMK152> yes these are very good
[2014-09-21 20:42:16] <Auron~Guardian> Genneral Builder
[2014-09-21 20:42:25] <AMK152> Forum Patrol
[2014-09-21 20:42:27] <AW10> Video founder
[2014-09-21 20:42:31] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:42:32] <AW10> News guy
[2014-09-21 20:42:37] <AMK152> I like this
[2014-09-21 20:42:54] <AW10> Watch links provider
[2014-09-21 20:42:56] <Nicko756> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:43:07] <Auron~Guardian> yeah we should make a thread for people to contribut position names
[2014-09-21 20:43:11] <AMK152> cool, I will begin to gather a list 
[2014-09-21 20:43:17] <Nicko756> (Yes)
[2014-09-21 20:44:01] <AMK152> sounds awesome!
[2014-09-21 20:44:06] <Auron~Guardian> Yeah
[2014-09-21 20:44:09] <AMK152> let's move on to the next item
[2014-09-21 20:44:16] <Nicko756> Next...
[2014-09-21 20:44:18] <AMK152> 3. Contests & events
[2014-09-21 20:44:19] <Auron~Guardian> ok
[2014-09-21 20:44:22] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:44:23] <AMK152> 3a. MM&BB celebration
[2014-09-21 20:44:36] <AMK152> like I said, the fanon contest needs more voting participation
[2014-09-21 20:44:41] <AMK152> http://spongebobfanon.wikia.com/wiki/FSB:Contests/MM%26BB_15th_Anniversary_(article)
[2014-09-21 20:44:50] <AMK152> UNLESS
[2014-09-21 20:44:55] <AMK152> we create a position
[2014-09-21 20:45:00] <AMK152> "Fanon Contest Judge"
[2014-09-21 20:45:14] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:45:15] <AMK152> that way we don't have to keep extending the voting
[2014-09-21 20:45:17] <Tominator777> who's going to be the judge?
[2014-09-21 20:45:26] <Auron~Guardian> JH?
[2014-09-21 20:45:33] <AMK152> people can volunteer and be voted on
[2014-09-21 20:45:48] <AMK152> I can set up a discussion at FSB
[2014-09-21 20:46:07] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:46:18] <AMK152> we could have 3 judges and 3 alternates (in case a judge participates in a contest)
[2014-09-21 20:46:23] <AMK152> and they go in terms
[2014-09-21 20:46:32] <AMK152> that way we can keep the contests going
[2014-09-21 20:46:39] <Tominator777> Andrew: if you do, can you orgainize it like how 456 organized the names in the Chat mod reform?
[2014-09-21 20:47:02] <AMK152> I will make a request for contest judge application
[2014-09-21 20:47:08] <Tominator777> ok
[2014-09-21 20:47:13] <Nicko756> So only judges can vote?
[2014-09-21 20:47:17] <AMK152> this will make things flow much smoother
[2014-09-21 20:47:24] <Auron~Guardian> I think 120d would be a good choice
[2014-09-21 20:47:25] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:47:26] <AMK152> yes
[2014-09-21 20:47:32] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:47:44] <AMK152> unless they participate... in that case the next alternate votes
[2014-09-21 20:47:52] <AMK152> I will outline how it works in the proposal
[2014-09-21 20:48:05] <Nicko756> I don't like the idea.
[2014-09-21 20:48:13] <Auron~Guardian> put the proposal on the fanon wiki
[2014-09-21 20:48:22] <AMK152> Nicko: barely anyone is participating in the voting
[2014-09-21 20:48:31] <Nicko756> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:48:36] <Auron~Guardian> I can see AMK's point
[2014-09-21 20:48:44] -!- Tominator777 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:48:47] <Nicko756> I don't like the fact that only judges can vote.
[2014-09-21 20:48:47] <AMK152> once we have a large amount of people at FSB, we can abolish the judging process
[2014-09-21 20:48:56] <Auron~Guardian> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:49:02] <AMK152> Nicko: we actually just might have a judge shortage problem
[2014-09-21 20:49:07] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:49:34] <AMK152> there will then be an incentive to particpate
[2014-09-21 20:49:44] <AMK152> and apply for the judge position
[2014-09-21 20:49:54] <AMK152> next...
[2014-09-21 20:49:55] <AW10> brb
[2014-09-21 20:49:58] <Auron~Guardian> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:50:05] <AMK152> ok
[2014-09-21 20:50:08] <AMK152> 4. Points system
[2014-09-21 20:50:16] <AMK152> 4a. General ideas/thoughts
[2014-09-21 20:50:21] <AMK152> any ideas on our points system?
[2014-09-21 20:50:30] <Nicko756> Yes
[2014-09-21 20:50:32] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:50:43] <AMK152> go on
[2014-09-21 20:51:01] <Auron~Guardian> perhaps a seperate board for people who aren't admins?
[2014-09-21 20:51:07] <Nicko756> ^
[2014-09-21 20:51:17] <AMK152> we can highlight admins and non-admins
[2014-09-21 20:51:17] <AW10> back
[2014-09-21 20:51:26] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:51:33] <AMK152> and have like "top 5 admins" and "top 5 non-admins"
[2014-09-21 20:51:33] <Auron~Guardian> not exactly what i meant
[2014-09-21 20:51:43] <Auron~Guardian> but yeah
[2014-09-21 20:51:52] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:51:58] <Auron~Guardian> that works too
[2014-09-21 20:52:07] <Tominator777> why does the "top 5" admins thing remind me of that thing Calzone did once?
[2014-09-21 20:52:16] <AW10> I am not fammiliar with points system
[2014-09-21 20:52:20] <Nicko756> Also, lower some of the point values.
[2014-09-21 20:52:21] <AMK152> so your reasoning is so that non-admins can be acknowledge more so?
[2014-09-21 20:52:30] <Auron~Guardian> yeah
[2014-09-21 20:52:33] <AMK152> ok
[2014-09-21 20:52:42] <AMK152> AW10: remember we talked about "tasks" a while ago?
[2014-09-21 20:52:44] <Auron~Guardian> since they can't delete or rename things
[2014-09-21 20:52:53] <Nicko756> ^
[2014-09-21 20:52:54] <AW10> yes
[2014-09-21 20:52:59] <AMK152> http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:Tasks
[2014-09-21 20:53:11] <AMK152> we got a bunch of stuff done when this was launched
[2014-09-21 20:53:22] <AMK152> people get points for completing tasks (better than badges)
[2014-09-21 20:53:26] <Nicko756> Lower the point value for UOTM.
[2014-09-21 20:53:28] <AMK152> and then we added contest winners and stuff
[2014-09-21 20:53:36] <AMK152> why Nicko? it's difficult to get UOTM
[2014-09-21 20:53:41] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:53:53] <Nicko756> It is easire than completing a film transcript.
[2014-09-21 20:53:56] <Nicko756> *easier
[2014-09-21 20:53:57] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:53:58] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:54:00] <Tominator777> acatully, it depends on the user
[2014-09-21 20:54:15] <Auron~Guardian> hmm you make a good poing Tommy
[2014-09-21 20:54:25] <Tominator777> some users it's harder, for others it's easier
[2014-09-21 20:54:28] <AW10> I get it, so I have 2545 points?
[2014-09-21 20:54:35] <AW10> How have you calcualted it?
[2014-09-21 20:54:37] <AMK152> AW10: UOTM and contests
[2014-09-21 20:54:56] <AMK152> http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:Points_Leaderboard
[2014-09-21 20:55:04] <AMK152> go to the bottom, I listed point values for contests
[2014-09-21 20:55:06] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:55:16] <Nicko756> UOTM should be 1,000 points.
[2014-09-21 20:55:19] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:55:23] <Auron~Guardian> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 20:55:43] <Nicko756> !seen Tvguy347
[2014-09-21 20:55:43] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:55:59] <Auron~Guardian> gtg
[2014-09-21 20:56:10] <Nicko756> Bye
[2014-09-21 20:56:13] <Tominator777> bye Auron
[2014-09-21 20:56:16] <AMK152> I can add that consideration for revision 3 of the tasks
[2014-09-21 20:56:36] <AW10> I see
[2014-09-21 20:56:54] <AMK152> as soon as we have fanon contest winners, they will also get points
[2014-09-21 20:57:01] <AMK152> as well as when I close the Fall 2014 BG contest
[2014-09-21 20:57:08] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:57:15] <AMK152> next item...
[2014-09-21 20:57:21] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:57:22] <AMK152> 4c. Name the points system (discussion)
[2014-09-21 20:57:24] -!- Auron~Guardian has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:57:33] <AMK152> we are on round 3: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/ESB:Discussions/Name_the_points_system_(Round_3)
[2014-09-21 20:57:46] <AMK152> of naming the points system, so if you have yet to participate, please do
[2014-09-21 20:57:47] -!- Garchomp2012 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:57:59] <Tominator777> hi Garchomp
[2014-09-21 20:58:14] <AMK152> 5. Current discussions
[2014-09-21 20:58:19] <Garchomp2012> @Tominator777 Hi. And remember, my name is Donald.
[2014-09-21 20:58:23] <AMK152> actually they will soon end...
[2014-09-21 20:58:29] <AMK152> 6. Ended discussions
[2014-09-21 20:58:35] <AMK152> 6a. Quotes contests (passed)
[2014-09-21 20:58:39] <AMK152> I need to start this...
[2014-09-21 20:58:46] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 20:58:46] <AMK152> the process, that is
[2014-09-21 20:58:58] <AMK152> 6b. 3 Revert Rule (passed)
[2014-09-21 20:59:06] <AMK152> at least we have had a decline in discussions
[2014-09-21 20:59:14] <Garchomp2012> @AMK152 What?
[2014-09-21 20:59:25] <AMK152> we are having a meeting
[2014-09-21 20:59:35] <Garchomp2012> Are you talking to me?!
[2014-09-21 20:59:37] <AMK152> 7. Project Cleanup: Characters
[2014-09-21 20:59:47] <AMK152> I really don't care about the show-hide thing...
[2014-09-21 20:59:50] <Nicko756> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 21:00:00] -!- AlGhost has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 21:00:08] <AMK152> but the community accepted it, so it can be put in place if anyone wants to
[2014-09-21 21:00:15] <AMK152> personally I don't like it
[2014-09-21 21:00:26] <Garchomp2012> Oh okay. I could change my Icon.
[2014-09-21 21:00:31] <AMK152> 8. Episode ratings system
[2014-09-21 21:00:39] <AMK152> I haven't done anything with this still...
[2014-09-21 21:01:16] <Garchomp2012> This is Donald just finishing up an e-mail to Scizor.
[2014-09-21 21:01:25] -!- AlGhost has left Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 21:01:29] <Garchomp2012> I'm done.
[2014-09-21 21:01:30] <AMK152> ok, that is it... anyone else have anything to say or add?
[2014-09-21 21:01:41] <Garchomp2012> No. Not really, no.
[2014-09-21 21:01:53] <Tominator777> i have an idea that'll have some help with the ratings system
[2014-09-21 21:01:58] <AMK152> go ahead
[2014-09-21 21:02:02] <Garchomp2012> Oh yay!
[2014-09-21 21:02:24] <Tominator777> you know how you have the support or oppose for the discusstions?
[2014-09-21 21:02:32] <AMK152> right
[2014-09-21 21:02:51] <Tominator777> so my idea was to have something like that for the ratings system
[2014-09-21 21:03:04] <AMK152> well, we want non-contributors to participate in the ratings
[2014-09-21 21:03:12] <Nicko756> ^
[2014-09-21 21:03:21] <AMK152> BUT...
[2014-09-21 21:03:25] <AMK152> actually Tom...
[2014-09-21 21:03:31] <AMK152> we could have BOTH
[2014-09-21 21:03:35] -!- AW10 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 21:03:43] <Tominator777> (yes)
[2014-09-21 21:03:47] <Garchomp2012> I have a new icon.
[2014-09-21 21:03:58] <AMK152> perhaps... a "SpongeBobia Reviewer's Academy"
[2014-09-21 21:04:05] -!- Garchomp2012 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 21:04:25] <Garchomp2012> This is my icon. How do you like it?
[2014-09-21 21:04:40] <AMK152> for SpongeBobia users to review & rate episodes
[2014-09-21 21:04:59] <Garchomp2012> I guess you can say that. Yes and no.
[2014-09-21 21:05:01] -!- Tominator777 has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 21:05:11] <AMK152> since SpongeBobia users go in-depth with the SpongeBob universe, we can have our own "rating"
[2014-09-21 21:05:24] <Garchomp2012> Yes so I can help sometimes and no so I can do something alone.
[2014-09-21 21:05:35] -!- Dragonballgtgoku has joined Special:Chat
[2014-09-21 21:05:51] <AMK152> and this can be for reviews too
[2014-09-21 21:05:58] <AMK152> what do you think Tom?
[2014-09-21 21:06:13] <Tominator777> good idea Andrew
[2014-09-21 21:06:22] <Tominator777> (yes)
[2014-09-21 21:06:32] <AMK152> thanks for bringing up your idea!
[2014-09-21 21:06:43] <Tominator777> you're welcome
[2014-09-21 21:06:52] <Tominator777> !updatelogs
[2014-09-21 21:07:09] <AMK152> this could become something pretty cool
[2014-09-21 21:07:29] <AMK152> I can work on the details... let me know if you have any other ideas to the regard
[2014-09-21 21:07:38] <Tominator777> ok
[2014-09-21 21:08:16] <AMK152> OMG, idea... a database for the "Reception" template
[2014-09-21 21:08:28] <AMK152> http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Reception
[2014-09-21 21:08:53] <Garchomp2012> This icon is Garchomp (Donald) with two of his great-grandsons on his 90th birthday in 2010.
[2014-09-21 21:09:12] <Garchomp2012> His legs.
[2014-09-21 21:09:19] <Garchomp2012> Skip it.
[2014-09-21 21:09:39] <Garchomp2012> @AMK152 Continue on. I won't talk.
[2014-09-21 21:09:49] <AMK152> any other ideas/discussion for the meeting?
[2014-09-21 21:10:24] <AMK152> I shall now summerize
[2014-09-21 21:10:25] <Tominator777> i got another idea for something on FSB
[2014-09-21 21:10:29] <AMK152> yes?
[2014-09-21 21:10:57] <Tominator777> you know how you mentioned the "top 5" thing with admins and contributers eariler?
[2014-09-21 21:11:03] <AMK152> yes
[2014-09-21 21:11:20] <Tominator777> well, we could do a similar thing on FSB
[2014-09-21 21:11:35] <AMK152> we will have a universal template
[2014-09-21 21:11:43] <Garchomp2012> Of course. I done this 13 years ago.
[2014-09-21 21:11:45] <AMK152> the points leaderboard applies to the entire network
[2014-09-21 21:11:54] <Tominator777> yeah
[2014-09-21 21:11:56] <Garchomp2012> Oh. What's the object?
[2014-09-21 21:12:10] <AMK152> I will summerize.
[2014-09-21 21:12:15] <AMK152> 1. SBI logo discussion to be set up
[2014-09-21 21:12:32] <Garchomp2012> Go ahead. Donald will just read the Sunday Newspaper.
[2014-09-21 21:13:19] <Garchomp2012> *sits in the corner
[2014-09-21 21:13:40] <Garchomp2012> I'm back. Go on.
[2014-09-21 21:13:59] <AMK152> ah, another meeting under 1 hour

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.